If you are receiving regular and unnecessary spam on your facebook wall either from nowhere or from one of your friends then there is a high possibility that either you or your friend have been affected by a Facebook phishing attack and your account security has been compromised. Here are some important steps which will help you to get rid of the phishing attack.
- Do not click on any link or URL in the received spam message.
- Just delete the span message from your Walls and Inbox immediately.
- Reset your Facebook password immediately.
- If your account has been disabled, contact Facebook User Operations Team (http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=797).
- Scan your computer completely using reliable antivirus software.
- If your PC has been infected with malware or a virus, you can visit the Microsoft/ Apple Security websites for proper patches.
- Start using OpenDNS as your DNS servers which boasts of a very good anti-phishing engine that works ant it may also prevent you from getting phished on Facebook.