Delhi Bomb Blasts, September 13th, 2008 (20 Killed, 90 Injured)

Bomb Blasts in Delhi, September 13th 2008
Bomb Blasts in Delhi, September 13th 2008

Karol Bagh, Connaught Place & Greater Kailash – I

Cruel Saturday
The attacks on Saturday evening were the latest in a series of bombings in national capital leaving at least twenty people killed and over 90 injured in six serial blasts in a span of 40-50 minutes targeting busy shopping centres and markets.

Responsible
Indian Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the blasts saying “We are terrorising you for your sins”.

Blasts Area and Devices
Two bombs exploded in Connaught Place, the heart of the city, major office and shopping centre. They were also detonated in Karol Bagh and Greater Kailash. One explosive device was defused near the high-security India Gate area. Preliminary examination of the blast site said that low intensity ammonium nitrate tied to integrated circuit had been used in almost all the serial blasts. Timer devices were used in all the blasts.

Local Authorities
Two persons have been arrested by the police for questioning. The police says that a 12 year old boy may be able to provide clues. Delhi city authorities suspended the metro transport system and blocked mobile telephone signals in the surrounding area of the blasts.

Government’s Appeal
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil has condemned the blasts and appealed that people should maintain calm and social harmony and understanding.

Let’s Work Together
We will work hard and we will win the war on terrorism..
Let’s work together for a terror free tomorrow…